Rye Bread @ Sapporo Grand Hotel

 

450 yen
I don't think that I'm particularly gifted in any field, but I believe that I have a knack for finding bargains and persisting in doing so. 
 I pride myself on having found this bread sold at a prestigious hotel, fairly early on in our Sapporo life. 
For hotel bread, 450 yen is quite accessible. Plus, a 30% discount is applied on yesterday’s bakes. If you are lucky, you can get this hearty bread at just over 300 yen, as I did. 

Although I can't afford lunch or afternoon tea at this hotel, let alone dinner or a stay, this bread and their cakes offer a little luxury to enjoy at home.
 
A slicing service is available at the counter, but since there is usually a queue, I tend not to ask for it, self-consciously out of consideration for people behind me.
But given the nature of one-day-old bread, it is easy to slice at home with a regular knife.

Back home, I quickly made a sandwich in just 10 minutes using a croquette that has been sitting in fridge. 

Comments