Slave to Loyalty Points

 Recently, I realized that since we moved here, I have signed up for so many store loyalty schemes without even noticing it.

These are physical point cards I have received so far.

Clockwise from top left: Coop Sapporo, Tonkatsu Restaurant Wako, Coach & Four, a dry cleaner, Rokkatei, and Arks/Tokyo Store

And these are the loyalty apps I installed on the spot. 
Top row (from left): Mitsukoshi Isetan, Daimaru, and Satsudora; Bottom row (from left): LeSportsac and Coop Sapporo

Compared to Fukuoka, shop assistants in this town are more persistent about getting customers to sign up for their loyalty programs. My polite refusal, which worked in Fukuoka, doesn't work on them at all. They don't give up and keep pointing out the benefits (nice effort!). In the end, moved by their enthusiasm, I begin to think that maybe I should just go for it.

So far, the ones I'm glad I created are Coop Sapporo and Arks. They are conveniently located and offer bonus points regularly, which is a big help at the end of the month.
However, I sometimes can't help feeling like I'm being manipulated by these stores through their point systems...

Comments